Donnerstag, 7. September 2017

Paint Party Friday: Feathers and shading practice

Since I started drawing again some weeks ago, I need to practice some skills I've lost during my abscence. One of it is shading. I failed on these sea shells. *LOL* So I better get some more practice.


When I fail, I always try to get back onto comfortable terrain and do something simple, like graphic or abstract designs. I saw some beautiful zentangle feathers online and gave my own version a go. Feathers are small pieces of art, made by Mother Nature and decorating them makes them even more beautiful.


I tried my hand on leather feathers lately, too. After my first not so nice attempt I watched a lot of videos, got some new tools and had a look at the work of other leatherworkers and here is the second attempt. Still not perfect, but a big step forward.


Later I started another shading practice and it turned out way better on this maple leaf, but still room for improvement.



Linking to Paint Party Friday.

14 Kommentare:

  1. They are all wonderful, great drawings. Love those feathers. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. beautiful projets .. i love this!!!
    Happy Day
    Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. all beautiful art projects! I must say though that the tangled feathers are my fave-very cool. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I think you are too hard on yourself. Your shading looks fine to me. In fact, really pretty. The feathers are awesome!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Yes, maybe you are right. We are our worst critics.

      Löschen
  5. Love your zentangle feathers. Your leaf is wonderful. Great work all round. Your shells are great too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. All are wonderful ~ divinely done ~ thanks,

    (A ShutterBug Explores)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. It's funny but one of the first things I practised shading on was shells. I love those feathers btw - beautiful. Happy PPF from Number 32 :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. So beautiful, all of them. Love the zentangle ones!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. The leather is amazing.. .. quite artistic. I love them. Shading has a technique to it . . .practice practice for me to do too. Blessings, Janet

    AntwortenLöschen