Sonntag, 12. April 2015

Messer Nr. 5/Knife No 5

Mein fünftes selbstgebautes Messer ist fertig. Ich habe diese Klinge von einem Freund bekommen und sollte einen Griff dranmachen.
 
My fifth handmade knife is finished. I got this blade from a friend to add a handle to it.

 
Und das habe ich gemacht: Walnussholz und Stahlnieten, bewusst einfach gehalten, um nicht von der tollen Klinge abzulenken.
 
And that's what I did: walnut wood and steel rivets, kept it simple as not to distract from the beautiful blade.
 
 
Ich habe auch eine Messerscheide gemacht: 3mm Rindsleder, nass geformt und mit dunkelbraun passend eingefärbt.
 
I also made a knifesheath: 3mm cowhide, wet shaped and dyed with darkbrown leather dye.

 
Mein Freund hat sich sehr über sein Messer gefreut.
 
My friend liked it a lot.
 

2 Kommentare:

  1. What a unique knife blade, it is certainly a work of art. Love the wood you used and I agree that your decision to keep things simple was a good idea. With such a lovely blade the knife did not need a busy or distracting handle. Lovely job and I'm sure your friend loves the finished knife.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Yes, my friend loves the knife. Means a lot to him, as another friend made the blade.

      Löschen