Freitag, 8. August 2014

Paint Party Friday: Floral Snowflake?

 
In my little library I found this beautiful book about winter (yes, although it is still summer here) named "When the World Becomes Quiet". The cover is decorated with lots of what I think must be snowflakes, but many of them have floral designs in them, so maybe they are more like mandalals. Whatever they are I was inspired by them. And here's my version, done with an ink pen and colored pencils.
 
I enjoy the use of squared paper lately, as it makes drawing easier and the piece more geometric/even/symmetric. That way I can judge better if a piece looks good or bad or if it just looks bad, because I messed up.
 
Sharing with PPF.

6 Kommentare:

  1. Ja, die Schneeflocken und Kristalle zeigen uns wunderbare Muster-Mögichkeiten. LG, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very delicate and beautiful. I really love your colors. Using the squared paper is a great idea for drawing a symmetrical design like this. I've tried drawing snowflakes and found it quite challenging!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love your pretty snowflake. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. what a lovely idea! What cunningly beautiful designs you do--and such a talented artist!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Very pretty...you could use it for a winter card.!

    Hugs Giggles

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. oohhhh Dagi I love this but please I don't want winter to come yet. We have so little summer here. LOL
    Nicole/Beadwright

    AntwortenLöschen